Sunday, January 10, 2016

Book Review: Fallen by Lauren Kate


Fallen

by Lauren Kate
Reviewed by Reece
My rating: 3 stars

"What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours?
17-year-old Lucinda falls in love with a gorgeous, intelligent boy, Daniel, at her new school, the grim, foreboding Sword & Cross . . . only to find out that Daniel is a fallen angel, and that they have spent lifetimes finding and losing one another as good & evil forces plot to keep them apart. 

Get ready to fall . . ."



Now, this book, *shakes head* I liked it, but also didn’t like it at all.
I bought it because it sounded interesting, and heard it was going to be made into a movie, so I was like “yay, it will be fresh in my mind!” but it wasn’t really that good.
The story was really good, as was the writing, but I didn’t feel that compelled to read the next book. But the characters were fun and funny, but the character development wasn’t that good. Some of the characters didn’t seem to grow.


Spoiler Alert Ahead:


There is this one scene where Luce goes to a bar with this boy she "kind of " likes, but not really, and bad stuff happens. Who goes to a BAR with someone that is at a school for bad kids? Oh, did I forget to mention that? 

Spoiler Alert Over

But with the bad parts, there are funny parts, so I’m really on the fence about this one.

I wouldn’t recommend this book for anyone under 14. Or maybe a really responsible 13 year old, because I think there are some certain references in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment