Thursday, January 14, 2016

Book Review: Life and Death by Stephenie Meyer

Life and Death

Twilight Re-imagined

by Stephenie Meyer
Reviewed by Reece
My rating: 3 star's


 When the book first came into my possession I was really excited to read it. I was like "Yay! I loved Twilight; this one should be great too!"

Boy was I wrong.





This book is basically Twilight, but from the point of view of a guy, Beau. Some things are different, I mean, it would be a little weird if Beau and his guy friends went dress shopping, so they went corsage shopping instead.
Also in this book, Edwards’s female counterpart, Edythe, I think is way more violent then Edward was.

In Twilight, Bella gets cornered by a bunch of guys, but in Life and Death, He almost gets shot and killed by a gang of men AND women. In this book, Beau seems extremely incompetent. Also in this scene, Edythe displays her violent-ness; she tries to kill everyone right then and there. At least in Twilight Edward showed some self-control. 

Now for "Good" bits:

There are some funny parts which are kind of worth it.

I skipped a good chunk of it because of how bored I was in the beginning. I think I made it to after their date in the meadow, and then I skipped to the part where they were hiding in the hotel.
The only thing I liked was the ending. I really like seeing what would have happened if the Cullen's arrived at the scene a little late.

I wouldn't have anyone fewer than 14 read this, because it is a little more mature compared to Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment