Monday, January 9, 2017

Book Review: Wanted by Jo Ho


Wanted

By Jo Ho
Reviewed by Reece
My rating: 4.5 stars
I was given this book for an honest review :)

"Fourteen-year old Chase Ryder has been living rough on the streets of New York for months – a harrowing experience yet still better than what she endured at home.

When she and recently widowed vet, Sully, rescue a super intelligent Collie, Chase finally finds herself part of the loving family unit she has always craved, but every display of Bandit’s special skills brings them one step closer to the mercenary billionaire who created him… and he wants his expensive experiment back.

With the enemy's personal SWAT team out for blood, a devastating turn of events finds them running for their lives as they fight to save one of their own."




Wanted is about a girl that bumps into a smart dog, and end up being chased by the people he (the dog) escaped from.

Wanted is fast-paced and page turning. I was able to read it in a flash, and was wonderfully impressed with it.

The story was on its own very unique. I can honestly say I have never read a book like that and it was done very well.

I loved the characters in the story! Chase is a good heroine, Bandit it a wonderful model as man’s best friend. I will never be able to look at my own dogs without thinking of Bandit, even if they aren’t collies J

Sully, is a wonderful parent model in the story, watching over Chase.

Even Gideon and Sully’s dad have a place in my heart.

I absolutely loved the comment about The Last of Us, (my most favorite game in the whole universe!) and I also liked that Marvel was mentioned. Both comments were a cool way to make it seem like the character’s world was in the same time as the real world.

Something that was a little odd was the authors obvious indifference towards the Bible. The character makes several comments towards the Bible in a negative way. The comments did nothing to further the story whatsoever. The way the author added it into the character didn’t seem to contribute to the story, or help the development of the character at all. It seemed irrelevant and I found it off putting.

Also, something I didn’t like was the author had a tendency to add comments and facts that didn’t help the story or at times make much sense, such as, (referring to the capital of Vermont) “for every one hundred women, there were eighty-two men, which sucked for those other eighteen women, Chase had thought. Unless they were gay. Which, come to think of it, how did they know the men they surveyed were into women?” This scene was a little weird because this also didn’t help the story, and the flow between these thoughts wasn’t very smooth.

Don’t get me wrong though, this book was very enjoyable, and I would read it again and again!

Other than those points and a few grammatical and spelling errors it was an exhilarating read, and if there were to be a sequel, I would most certainly read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment